Thursday 8 January 2015

Opening Day

A little over three years ago I became a mother, by then I'd written (and walked away from) a couple of different blogs. Since then I've begun and abandoned about a dozen. Each time the new blog offers the fresh start of a new notebook before it is marred forever by my words, the hand type-written words that forever brand it used.

I am used, second-hand, marred forever by my past actions, my sins. But only as I'm viewed by my fellow-man, because God-viewed I am a clean and new and neat notebook, each and every time I say I am sorry.

Five letters - SORRY - and due to GRACE and MERCY but mostly JESUS I am CLEAN and SAVED.

I find it hard to say sorry, difficult to forgive, harder to forget, harder still to move on. I am angry, depressed, stressed, sick with the brokenness of my sin and succumbing to my sin-nature. I have issues that need serious sustained work. I am broken. My son as my mirror, as a nurtured child of mine has his issues too. He is broken.

We are all of us broken and whilst this blog will focus on our family as a whole, it will not fail to record the lessons I learn, am still re-learning and those that don't seem to stick.

We are all still learning, still running the race, I pray we will run it until the day of completion...

Three-and-a-bit years ago I became a mother and I am still drowning, still learning to lean on the everlasting arms (clearly I'm a slow learner) and I pray for the sake of my son that I learn to swim soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

...please comment constructively and kindly...